Visit St John’s Facebook page!
Website last updated
Click on the link below
for our Preschool’s
own (new) website
MEET THE MISSIONERS
Fr Graham Lunn:
Formerly Shrine Priest at Walsingham
and now Associate Vicar St Michael’s Beckenham
Fr Edward Morrison:
Assistant Curate St Wilfrid’s Cantley
Fan the Flame
What is it?
Fan the Flame is five days of joyful singing, and exploring what it means to be a Christian in 2017.
How does it work?
The two young Missioners: Fr Graham Lunn [formally Shrine Priest at Walsingham and now Vicar of St Michael’s Beckenham] & Fr Ed Morrison [Curate of St Wilfrid’s, Cantley near Sheffield] will be commissioned on Sunday Morning at the 1000 Mass by Bishop Martin. Then each night, Sunday at 1800 and Mon-
Who can come?
Anyone! First it is aimed at the existing Congregation, to “fan into a flame” the faith they already have. But then we need to invite our neighbours, friends, preschool and Elm Grove School parents and teachers etc.
How will they know about it?
We will use all the usual media we have, but most of all by personal contact. Use the prayer card and the “Spark Points” programme giving details that will be published on 6th August as their invitations, and, like the apostles say “Come and see”
How do we prepare? First of all by prayer. Use the prayer cards that are given out at Mass. Others round the country will be using the same prayer for us and with us.
Then think what you can do to help and volunteer – give your name to Ros Rowley. Time is very short ; but then the Apostles did not have months to make up their minds to follow Jesus! We need:
1. People to greet visitors and give out leaflets each night
2. People to help the Missioners get the Church ready for the Teaching – electrics, flowers etc
3. People who will feed lunch or supper to the Missioners – please sign the lists at both doors in church.
4. People who will choose a favourite hymn and be prepared for an easy interview about why you like it and what it means in your life. Don’t be shy, it’s very painless and we can’t use all the choices, so you might get away with it!!!
5. People to prepare, serve and clear away the simple refreshments each night.
What else do we need?
The trust that God will be working among us in this week. And lastly, the willingness to give up our favourite programmes on Telly for those few days, and just be there!
|PCC & Others|
|Fr Beau's Golden Jubilee|
|Year of Mercy 2016|
|Summer Fair 2016|
|The Church Year|
|St John's Building|
|In Katie's View|
|75th Anniversary 2012|
|History of St John's|